To acquire a printer that will greatest fulfill your desires, it is crucial to ascertain specifically what your CD / DVD printing requirements are. Inkjet printing is a viable selection for some reduced-volume applications (particularly soon after the introduction of waterproof inkjet printable discs), but a thermal disc printer is the very best choice for high volume qualified disc labeling and personalization. A number of aspects to take into considerations when deciding on a thermal printer to fulfill your particular requires are outlined under.
• The distinction amongst a regular thermal cd/dvd printer and a re-transfer (reverse transfer) thermal cd/dvd printer: Since it does not present color blending, a typical thermal disc printer is normally used to generate monochrome and spot colour labels. If you want to print CD / DVD labels that function uncomplicated graphics and text, this kind of printer is a suitable selection. Even so, if you want to produce offset-good quality labels with photo-realistic colour, appear for a printer that makes use of the thermal re-transfer labeling course of action very first created by the Rimage Enterprise in 2001. Maintain in thoughts even though that some of the reduced-finish thermal retransfer printers could print photographic top quality images, but create somewhat grainy printed text and graphics. You can stay away from this drawback if you invest in a high-finish thermal re-transfer model. A thermal re-transfer Rimage printer is ideal for high-speed, high volume disc printing of tough, full-color, higher resolution and photographic high quality labels.
• Figure out the variety of images you want to produce (single colour, full-color, photo-realistic, graphics, text-only etc.). If you do not need to have full-color disc labels, a typical thermal printer like the Rimage PrismPlus could be your greatest decision.
• The form of label printing alone is not enough to choose the thermal disc printer you need to have you ought to also calculate the quantity of discs you will be producing over a offered time period. The combination of these two components (preferred print characteristics and volume) is essential for choosing a thermal disc printer with an suitable printing speed. Monochromatic thermal disc printers are the fastest source for generating CD labels a single colour thermal disc printer can have a print speed time of significantly less than 5 seconds per disc. Photorealistic, complete color labels require a longer print time the fastest model obtainable now is the Everest 600 Rimage printer, which has a print time of about 1 minute per disc (for complete color printing).
• The price factor is contingent on each the print speed and the image high quality you demand. A thermal disc printer from Rimage and other top brands generally expense between $five,000 and $ten,000. Having said that, the price per print is a lot more critical than the initial price of the thermal disc printer itself. For the reason that a thermal disc printer utilizes a ribbon and not an ink cartridge (where consumption depends of the variety of image printed), the expense per print is uncomplicated to measure. It expenses about two cents to print a CD / DVD label using a normal thermal cd/dvd printer.
• The price issue must generally include things like the expense of consumables (print ribbons). 1 of the factors a thermal disc printer is the most effective choice for volume printing is that it uses a ribbon than can print a large number of discs before it requirements to be replaced. This is in particular accurate for thermal re-transfer printers. A Rimage printer like the Prism or the Everest can print about 50,000 discs for the duration of its standard lifetime.
• Lastly, Printer Support USA forget to element in other components such as printable media top quality and printing software program functions. If you buy a Rimage printer, for instance, you can also purchase Rimage DVDs that are manufactured to match printer specifications. Rimage sells pre-packaged printing provide kits that are created to perform with each other with their hardware (and software) to give you consistent results. The high quality of printable media need to constantly be a consideration when you obtain a thermal disc printer and Rimage DVDs are hub-printable, meaning that you can print on the complete disc surface, suitable up to the spindle hole.
To sum up, in addition to the excellent of the printer itself, production capacity, speed and, of course, cost per print (such as the cost of ribbon refills) are the principal components to take into account when purchasing a thermal disc printer. Acquire a printer with specifications that fit your precise production desires, and constantly make confident it is a reliable brand. Rimage is the leading name in thermal disc printing. When you purchase a Rimage thermal disc printer, you will have the comfort of becoming able to project service expenses in order to optimize profitability. Also remember that you’ll get the ideal print benefits if you obtain the correct discs for your printer (Rimage DVDs for a Rimage printer etc).
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.